~ }{ ~

~ }{ ~

Samstag, August 30, 2008

A bit of Vienna Flavour

I thought I'd better organize my Vienna experiences not chronologicaly but by topics. So, here the first one comes, the food:
Die Wienerin: a very nice little restaurant in the very centre, with various Vienna specialities. Here in the photo there are Palatschinken (Austrian pancakes) with a nut filling, whipped cream and chocolate :) And I also tasted Almdudler, Austrian limonade made using grasses from the Alps. It's a pity they are closing this place soon. Isabella and I had a very lovely meal in there.

Kurkonditorei Oberlaa. It was a hot day so I decided I'd have an ice-cream. With wild berries. Hat geschmeckt!

This was one of my favourite places in Vienna this time. It is Gloriette Pavillion in the Schoenbrunn gardens. It stands on a hill so there's a wonderful view from there onto the palace and the city. There's a cafe inside (I wrote my postcards cards in there waiting for my coffee!).


Here's coffee that they serve in Gloriette in close-up (not the Maria-Theresia one I had when writing postcards on Wednesday but Kaffee Advocat which I had on my last day in Vienna)


Interior in the Gloriette cafe, Sunday, August, 24. Spacious, isn't it?

I also bought a cookbook in Austria, "Oesterreichische Mehlspesen", so I'll soon try backing something Austrian!

2 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Oh my Goodness! I'm so hungry now..! LOL
The Palatschinken and the ice-cream look sooo delicious.. yum...
Just wondering who is Isabella?

Anonym hat gesagt…

Isabella is my pen-friend from near Vienna. We met up three times last week and had a very nice time :-)

I'll illustrate our days together later!

Speaking about palatschinken, I'll just put up the recipe from my cookbook in English here! Just remind me if I forget!

Dornroeschen