~ }{ ~

~ }{ ~

Donnerstag, Januar 01, 2009

Happy New Year!





In the past ten years we've collected quite a few New Year cards (indeed, they are new year cards, or maybe new year + Christmas, since we are a country where everything was turened upside down after 1917 and we associate all the Christmas traditions like the tree or cards or presents with new year celebrations...and celebrate Christmas in the new year but don't make much fuss of it since main celebrations and presents have already taken place on 31 December/1 January). I've scanned some favourites to display them here.
No year ever went faster or me than 2008. Let 2009 be a happy one. I was looking through a newspaper today, and it mentioned it was a good sign if something happens to your clothes during the new year night. They mentioned torn stockings... Let the hole on my stocking I accidentally made with a zipper mean a lot of luck soon ;-)

2 Kommentare:

Paula hat gesagt…

OMG!! How cute... you know how I love this kind of cards.

I feel the same as you do about 2008. On december 2007 I though no year after that one could pass faster than that but this one was really faster than any other before...

I hope 2009 would be a better one.
Best wishes!!!

Anonym hat gesagt…

lol,so nice