~ }{ ~

~ }{ ~

Samstag, Juli 19, 2008

More summer paintings




Verandah in twilight




Summer



A lady with an umbrella


The firs two were painted by Isaac Levitan, one of the most famous (and one of my favourite) landscape painters. Lucky me, I've been to his museum 3 or 4 times before, but it's already 7 years since my last visit. His museum is in Pless, a little town on the Volga, and we always visited it when on river cruises with the family. And, more lucky me, at the beginning of August we are going on a river cruise again in so many years and we'll be visiting Pless again!!

Well, the first painting is a little romantic, and the second one is Russian summer itself.

The third painting was painted by Ivan Kramskoy (the lady is his niece Ludmila). I love it very much for the lady's elegance and the summer feel and I'm proud it's in our local art museum in Nizhny Novgorod (so I've seen the original, not only a postcard copy!).

Maybe I'll find something else on Russian summer in painting, or summer in Russian painting, any way you like to put it. But I'm not promising :-)

2 Kommentare:

Paula hat gesagt…

Loved them!

Anonym hat gesagt…

Liebe Irina!

Ich wünsche Dir alles Gute zum Geburtstag!!!
Ich hoffe, Du hast meinen Brief schon erhalten!
Ich freue mich auf unser Wiedersehen in Wien!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Deine Isa