~ }{ ~

~ }{ ~

Sonntag, Juni 29, 2008

Amelie und die Liebe unterm Regenschirm

I finished this book last week and I feel really sorry it ended for it was such a nice cosy read to have in bad weather curled up with a bit of cinnamon tea (Christmas mystery in June (!) and marshmallows. It tells a story of a young owner of an antique toys Amelie Lenz, from Vienna, who once bumps into a stranger on a rainy day and loses her heart even if she has not seen it face under the umbrella... Of course, she's trying to find him and eventually the man of her dreams appears somewhere where she has not been looking. All in all, it's cute for the Vienna feel, especially if you have been there before and can recognize some places. The book has a very cute toy character too, a large teddybear Augustl, who sits in Amelie's shop window and is ever decorated with various accessories according to Amelie's mood.


(Oh, I find it hard to be retelling a German book in English!)
Well, when I finished it I definitely felt I wanted more "sugar" :-) But switched to "Little House on the Prairie" so far (it's a treasure I discovered in the staff room bookcase at the Uni). Speaking about the Uni, the academic year is finished, we've eaten O.V.'s bluberry cake and now I may think myself free for freelance translating (already started and it's sooo boring to translate about boring machines) and also some holiday afterwards! Belive me or not, but it's the first time I've been looking forward to the beginning of an academiv year hardly has one come to it's end! I think "this academic year results" deserve a separate post later.

2 Kommentare:

Isa hat gesagt…

Hey!
Thanks for your message! Yeah, my friends on the photos are really great people! I hope you have received my letter! Take care!

Dornroeschen hat gesagt…

Believe me or not, but they have done something to your letter again so I have not received it!! Though it seems a while since you sent it :( I'll email you now with some trick intended to prevent letter losses!