~ }{ ~

~ }{ ~

Donnerstag, Januar 24, 2008

Jane, Jane, Jane!


Just finished it! And reading it was so rewarding an experience! True, I had some problems with its “seriousness” and ‘wordiness” at the beginning, as I put it before, but I liked it even then and further on I only liked it more and more! And having read up to the end I wouldn’t think it’s for a younger age anymore, it’s truly a classics, a book about ultimate values, about staying true to your high principles, a book with so psychological a narration that makes it engaging regardless of how many years ago it was written. And then, if it was written in the 19th c., the 19th c. atmosphere only adds to the charm.
Jane Eyre and Edward Rochester should surely be one of the most romantic couples in literature. I absolutely love that they loved each other for their inner selves, it is so powerful a message!

On the whole, the book may go a bit slowly at the beginning, but it only improves and absolutely glows by the end! I think I may safely add it to the favourites list and will want to reread it some time later! And you can also say the book is good if you want to attempt a couple of illustrations to it afterwards! (I am sketching ruined Thornfield and Jane now)

Now I can watch the 1980s version to compare it with the book and the recent BBC Jane Eyre :-)


P.S. They still have the Penguin edition in bookshops, but the print is even smaller than in my "Sophia Kramskaya" edition!

Keine Kommentare: