~ }{ ~

~ }{ ~

Montag, Oktober 29, 2007

Well, garnets...

Actually I am supposed to be preparing for tomorrow's class with group 503EI - well, I am preparing right now - reading up on taxes as we are having a text on tax system and foreign investment now - but I'll also say a couple of words here.

The picture of earrings is garnet earrings from Pirateship Silver shop, China - they have loads of beautiful silverwork there! (Look up pirateship.com.cn!). I actually bought a pair of such last week in Beijing so I'm thinking I'll probably be wearing them tomorrow for the first time. Garnets have something special about them, some richness of colour, and I always love various red tints and hues in autumn and winter!


I should put here loads of early October photos taken here, and then a collection from my business trip to China. Oh, it's hard to be getting used back to home time! Especially now that they turned the clock one hour back to winter time yesterday!

2 Kommentare:

Paula hat gesagt…

Beautiful earrings!
Went to China again! I know is bc of your work but, have you enjoy it?
About that book you are writing... I don't know why that sounds kind of familiar to me... a red-haired girl keeps coming to my mind... I don't know why... LOL! Well, good luck with, I'm so curious how's that story will be, please send me a copy when it's finished!!! Oh, but, is it in English or Russian?

Anonym hat gesagt…

English, Paula! So please do not worry! I'll share it for sure, just keep asking me how I am doing because I want to finish at least one project some time! as for my trip to China... well, it wasn't all fun actually, I had a pretty tight schedule working from morning till late - I only came to the hotel to sleep! There was a beautiful park around the hotel, and I only ran around it to take some pictures half an hour before departure time :-( The Chinese side were wondering if I don't like Chinese food because I ate too little and I had to explain it was because I have to interpret and it's a kind of professional ethics. But I loved several hours in a big Guagzhou store buying reasonably-priced DVDs (Little Women which I've wanted for 5(!) years, discovering a Chinese copy of S&S (a little JA bookshop fun deserves a separate story in a separate post) and having supper at a sushi-bar then. And the last two days in Beijing were free so seeing all the beautiful places (in a misty weather though...) were a treat I well deserved. How beautiful all that was, and so special! If I had your mail address, Paula, I would have sent you a card from Beijing CTS Hotel post office! I'll put the photos here later (they are in my office laptop now). Oh, another piece of news, I'm not in that department any more! I'm working for the technical department from today, so no more commuting at wintertime and colds caught in trains or trams... No more Mr-know-all-director and other colleagues I did not like much... And a free schedule! So that I can flexibly combine translating with classes and more translating besides the technical department tasks. I actually already had an interpreting job once after I was at the Uni (a seminar within a EU project on municipal self-goverment, I was interpreting for an expert from Croatia, it was not as hard as I expected, but it was really interesting and I was very well paid), and I keep receiving other freelance offers!

I missed you, Paula, I'll try updating the journal more regularly to keep you entertained :)