~ }{ ~

~ }{ ~

Sonntag, Januar 21, 2007

Today's sketches


Today I fished out the Chinese pad again, looked out of the window, noticed a tiny kitten lying on the thin layer of snow that fell after yesterday's perfectly autumn weather. The kitten did not want to be drawn apparently, ran towards the trees from the road and turned his back to me

Then I turned to the mirror ... and did a self portrait. I think it's the best I ever managed - I feel as if I am looking at myself in the mirror when looking at this, really

And, to conclude the gallery, the Chinese pad cover!

3 Kommentare:

Dornroeschen hat gesagt…

Addition: I sent the self-portrait to a friend and she told ne it wasn't like me at all. Seems here I look the way I see myself and not like other people see me :)) I'll show to someone else and we'll see what other people think

Anonym hat gesagt…

Wait a minute... That Chinese pad cover, you did it yourself?.... I mean, you sew it with your own hands? (if *sew* is the right word in this case).

About your drawings, I showed them to my mother bc she loves drawings and she said they are absolutely beautiful! Actually, that was after saying "Oh my God!"

Dornroeschen hat gesagt…

Oh no, I'm not that skilful, the pad is just a gift from my Chinese friend and I don't think it's hand-made. I do cross-stitch a little though. You mother's comments sound so positively flattering, I feel I don't deserve such compliments, I'm only an amateur after all!