~ }{ ~

~ }{ ~

Dienstag, Januar 30, 2007

Half-birthday...

Hmmm... I'm 22 and a half today, half a milestone, something to think about.
I might celebrate it with further reading of Anne's House of Dreams, it's so wonderful. While Anne of Windy Poplars seemed more like a patchwork quilt, made of multiple coloured pieces (indeed, some stories there were humorous, some sad, some romantic, and overall it felt like a collection of stories, reminding me somewhat of Chronicles of Avonlea), this one has a different feel about it, something of quiet romance and serenity, tenderness, mild sea misty misteriousness (is there such a word?). Oh, I love the atmosphere of the seashore settlement, I have some of sailor's blood in my veins, indeed!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The weather keeps snowy like in this beautiful folk nursery rhyme illustration by Y. Vasnetsov (I had a whole book thus beautifully illustrated when a child and bought a new one now - because it's so lovely - my excuse is that it will eventually be for my children if I have any...)

3 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

I had the same thoughts when I was reading Anne of Windy Poplars - it's a collection of short stories, interesting, but not as much as Anne's House of Dreams where is the strict story line can bee observed

Dornroeschen hat gesagt…

I LOVED The House of Dreams, it was such a dear little book, just finished it today. I'll try to prepare a more detailed review for the site for both of books soon!

Anonym hat gesagt…

I had the same thoughts when I was reading Anne of Windy Poplars - it's a collection of short stories, interesting, but not as much as Anne's House of Dreams where is the strict story line can bee observed