~ }{ ~

~ }{ ~

Freitag, Mai 08, 2009

Cafe Gloriette


Built in 1775 under the reign of Empress Maria Theresia in the gardens of Schönbrunn Palace, it was ment to be a ‘temple of glory’ and probably also as view point. In 1780, it was equipped with glass windows for the first time and became a location for dinner and festivities. Emperor Franz Josef I. used it as breakfast room. What a start into the day!















One of the most beautiful cafes in Vienna, more information and photos in the link hidden in the title.

3 Kommentare:

Paula hat gesagt…

This is the one where you wrote the postcard, isn't it? It's a beautiful place..

Aniko hat gesagt…

I can't figure out what's more gorgeous - the palace or the pastries!

Anonym hat gesagt…

To Paula: Exactly! I wrote my postcards there and, later I said goodbye to Vienna from the terrace on the top!
To Jemima: Indeed, Vienna is a city of harmony and imperial luxury where everything is gorgeous! I was telling my sister only this morning that sometimes when I am in Vienna I can skip a meal because with so much beauty aroung I won't feel hungry!

If all is well, I hope to be a regular visitor there in July.
~Dornroeschen