~ }{ ~

~ }{ ~

Donnerstag, Januar 10, 2008

Prinzessin Rosenbluete, wach gekuesst!

I read it shortly before the new year and it as really a lot of fun and tastefully written, precisely a kind of books I like and would like to write myself one day. I picked it up in Vienna because I am fascinated with the sleeping beauty (Dornroeschen) story and kind of try collecting its different interpretations. This book turned out to be a sequel to Prinzessin Rosenbluete, but it does not matter because the previous story was clearly mentioned in this one. In this book Emma, a schoolgirl, it called through the loudspeaker into Swan Kingdom to help the Princess who fell asleep for hundred years. Kristen Boie gives unexpected but funny interpretations of the fairytales we all know since we were little, and I love the modern language, humour and attitude! For example, the Princess is nothing like a sweet girl, in fact she's very wilful and capricious. And Emma likes the lunch her mum gave her for the sport competiotion so much better than the food she and her schoolfriend Ludwig are provided with at the palace in Swan Kingdom. The frog prince does not want to be prince anymore as he hates his wife nagging so much and wants to become a frog again... The funniest probably was when the little man from the tale about a miller's daughter who became queen changes his peculiar name for Eberhard Schulze!


Looking forward to reading more Kristen Boie if I have chance. In fact, I am much looking forward to reading my German books in general, I only should finish Jane Eyre first, I think by the weekend!

Keine Kommentare: