~ }{ ~

~ }{ ~

Freitag, Januar 04, 2008

Happy New Year from the new year!






It was very-very low key this year. The plus is we had an earlier dinner so that there were only snacks and champaigne left for midnight. Then we tasted different chocolates and Vanillekipferl - these are almond and vanilla bisquits I tried baking for the first time (a German recipe)! And then went to bed. The first new yer day was beautiful, clean and crisp and sunny and the year really felt new!



What have I been doing in the new year? Reading Jane Eyre (It's ages I meant to read it and finally got to in anticipating the new series that will be aired tomorrow. Frankly, the language is too wordy and I wish the story had more pace, but I have quite a pleasant feeling reading it. I still prefer Anne of all the brontes though!), drawing and making cards (we decided to do without New Year presents this year to to clutter the flat with stuff anymore, but I promised some crafts for Christmas to the family!) and typing a story on my laptop. I'll make my resolutions on Christmas eve as usual!

It's too cold even in the flat and I am lazy to go out. It's a pity since I wished I would spend more time in the open!

Pictures:
our new year table, my "unconventional" tree and yours truly, the more conventional tree in the living room and yours truly, again, reflected in the cupboard glass! I'm happy as to how my white tree looks this year, I've got new decorations (and sadly already broke one hardly had I hung it on the tree!), including some from Salzburg, and the Kaethe Wollfahrt birds are right there as usual too! Plus I have found place for all the old decorations too, including the red glass ball and the birdie we've had since I was for. The lights on the green tree keep being well 22 years already! Or 23, I'm not sure, I'm only about a year older then them :-))

Keine Kommentare: