~ }{ ~

~ }{ ~

Sonntag, August 26, 2007

A glass castle...






I've always been in love with chrystal cupboards, imagining them enchanted castles all furnished with elegant and exquisite glass furniture and decorations. We also had glass animal figurines in the living room chrystal cupboards when I was small (we still have them, but with considerably broken limbs!) and I would always want to play there imagining the colour glass pigs and cocks and an elephant were princes and princesses in an enchanted glass castle. Grandma would tie the cupboard handles with an elastic ribbon so that I would not open them because to her it was not an appropriate place to play. But I still kept my love for glass cupboards. I can still stare in this old cupboard with heirloom tinted glasses and goblets for ages. I don't play there anymore but I wanted "to be there, in the glass kingdom", so I took a picture.
When I was in Vienna I visited an exhibition of royal glass and silver and other tableware - that was breathtaking: so many enchanting objects behind glass cases!

2 Kommentare:

Paula hat gesagt…

I understand now why the name of your blog!
Very nice the last picture.

Mintieness hat gesagt…

Very nice pictures though I must admit I have a slight fear of breaking the glasses XD