~ }{ ~

~ }{ ~

Donnerstag, Mai 03, 2007

Bookworm and compulsive book-buyer shares good news (Shopaholic novels!)


I borrowed The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic in the British Council library (how could I live without it at all?) a couple of weeks ago, and it really cheered me up on the weekend after a nerve-wrecking week at work. It's light reading of course, but light reading at it's best (I prefer it to Bridget Jones Diary, even if The Diary has Mark Darcy in it). The Shopaholic heroine Rebecca Bloomwood is a financial journalist who is fond of shopping (actually has a shopping mania!) and therefore problems with her bank which she's unwilling to solve. She finds herself in a many embarassing situation (all they are such fun, and one does not mind coincidinces in this case!) but also (unexpectedly for herself) turns out to be a success on a TV show and ends up with one of most elidgible London bachelors and generally just an attractive man. How can you help being uplifted reading that? I just had to have my own copy of it, and the further 4 novels too, and Undomestic Goddess (another book by Sophie Kinsella). Well, to think in a line similar to Becky's they are really an investment as they will help me brush up on my conversational English and immerse into contemporary British culture! :))) And the order is arriving next week. All my commutes to work are going to be very happy in Rebecca's company! I really need the cheer up after two weeks of cough that is driving me crazy (and yesterday the doctor said it did not matter I cough at nights, it was not enough ground to continue the sick leave - while in fact it was almost suffocating! Besides, how does one interpret in such a state? What if I have to make an international phone call for example?). Having consulted another doctor, I know that what I need is litres and litres of herb tea and a little more time to get rid of it.
P.S. I love Rebecca Bloomwood so much that I even make a special tag for her!
~~~~~~~~~
Photo: the borrowed Shopaholic copy and some other random things on my desk, including bottles of ink that I tend to spill sometimes (but will never give up ink in spite of the troubles like stains and spills that may happen most unexpectedly!)

2 Kommentare:

Mintieness hat gesagt…

I love Becky too- I can identify myself with her on some shopping aspects :3

Dornroeschen hat gesagt…

Oh yes, I'm that crazy about bying books and maybe some craft supplies and stationery, but it's not often that I enjoy shopping for clothes though