~ }{ ~

~ }{ ~

Samstag, Februar 03, 2007

Illustrations exhibition and two good finds for my home library


I did go to the "Magic Pencil" exhibition even though I did not parttake in the master class. What seemed most amazing to me is that quite a few of the artist were using computers and photography in their work. Some of them print out copies of their sketches to colour them! The collage techniques were really interesting. On the whole, the exhibition inspired me to create something of my own... but I have to create (if this word is applicable here at all) a translation of an instruction manual instead - by Monday! Maybe my second education should be connected with illustration, must think where I can develop the skills I have. These are a couple of works from the exhibition,


you can learn more here: http://magicpencil.britishcouncil.org/

Besides, we dropped into a second-hand bookshop afterwards, where I found two treasures: the 4th of Little House books by Laura Ingalls Wilder and What Katy Did Next (just adore all these books about girls). However, both are not the 1st in the series, and that's something of a disadvantage, I read only the 1st of the Little House and none about Katy, these are such rarities here!

Keine Kommentare: