~ }{ ~

~ }{ ~

Freitag, Januar 12, 2007

Is it too bad to want still another copy of Jane Austen novels?


Well, I aleady have all the major novels of hers, some even in duplicate and S&S even in triplicate: a Penguin paperback of each one collected the summer when I finished the 2nd year at the University, then another (identical!) paperback of P&P which I cherish and even made a special papercover for it, because it was the first prize at the British Council Bookweek contest for my essay about Jane Austen, then the identical (again!)Penguin paperback of S&S, a Birthday gift from family friends who know I'm crazy about English books, but didn't know I already had S&S (still wondering what to do with this one) and yet another S&S (I carry it with me in my bag), a small-sized hardcover bound in red cloth with a satin bookmark and golden edges, I just couldn't resist the temptaition to buy it! Then there's also a small sized copy of Persuasion and Northanger Abbey in a single volume, with illustrations, it's a bit of antique, printed in the 1930s (and it's actually a 1930 reprint of a 1890s edition), with black-and white illustrations. But I still want to have this one, which has all the 6 major novels and Lady Susan under one cover. So convenient when you feel like reading Austen before going to bed but cannot decide which novel particularly and stand a whole while gazing at the bookshelf... besides, I don't have Lady Susan yet, I only read it borrowed from the British council library, Austen minor works in the original are nowhere to be found here!

2 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

You don’t know how I understand you! I don’t think it is too bad to want another one, plus, as you said, this one is so convenient! I would love to have it!

P.S: Is too expensive to send that extra copy of S&S by air-mail to Argentina? Just kidding…

Dornroeschen hat gesagt…

Hmmm... I'll be at the post-office tomorrow, so I might ask, indeed! Lol!

As for this edition, I have to save up a little, especially that I also want to get the first two volumes of Lucy Maud Montgomery Journals and Annotated Anne of Green Gables. Well, I asked for raise of salary and was promised the raise since January...