~ }{ ~

~ }{ ~

Dienstag, November 14, 2006

Astrid Lindgren's Birthday


She was a brilliant, brilliant, brilliant writer! She always said that she had a happy childhood and it was evidently reflected in her books filled with heart-warming scenes of childhood. This woman never forgot that she used to be a child and she created a great many endearing characters who truly become the reader's friends! I always find it hard finishing her books because I always become really attached to her characters.
I am discovering and rediscovering her books now an I am truly enjoying it. And I plan to collect all her novels - that is ten volumes, so it's quite a big project!

3 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Hi Irina! I'm finally here...
Loved those "frosty photographs" Is it Germany that you live in?
I promise to come back to your blog ASAP. I will update mine next Thursday with something about Pride and Prejudice.
Bye!
Paula

Dornroeschen hat gesagt…

Hi, Paula! I'm glad you liked those photos!
It's not Germany I live in, it's Riussia. German is my second foreign language :)) So I am using it here now and then to keep it "in shape"

sakuranbo hat gesagt…

Hi, I'm NAO,a Japanese. This is the second trial to post my comment. Because I don't understand your language at all,
it's difficult to send it. One day I found that only two of us are listed on the Blogger as those who have interests in Astrid Lindgren. So, I've got interested in you and made up my mind to visit your blog.
I'm totally sympathetic towards your idea about Lindgren. She is a genius of story-teller, and the characters she made are timeless, because she sometimes tries to even depict the area of the human soul itself. I'm very happy today that I know there is in the world one person who loves her books and world. Thank you very much. by Nao