~ }{ ~

~ }{ ~

Samstag, Juni 10, 2006

A Collage Made of the Things I Used to Keep in my Commercial Translation Book


I had to return it to the library and these are the things I had to take out.
Indeed, being about to leave the Uni I feel very much like what Anne says about leaving the place where you might have felt very different at different times...
The quotations on the advertisement cards are from Persuasion by Jane Austen,
the quotation on the maple leaf - from The French Lieutenat's Woman by John Fowles (the book I never finished because I had to return it to the library and never borrowed it again having little time and other interests in something else)/ By the way (and it only occurs to me now!!!), Fowles quotes Persuasion at least twice in this book and events described in both books take place in Lyme Regis! (Hence Fowles's mentioning Persuasion in The FLW)

Keine Kommentare: