~ }{ ~

~ }{ ~

Sonntag, Juni 11, 2006

About Pandas


A panda walks into a cafe. He orders a sanwich, eats it , then draws a gun and fires two shots in the air.

"Why?" asks the confused waiter, as the panda makes towards the exit. The panda produces a badly punctuated wildlife manual and tosses it over his shoulder.

"I'm a panda," ha says, at the door. "Look it up."

The waiter turns to the relevant entry and, sure enough, finds an explanation.

"Panda. Large black-and-white mammal, native to China. Eats, shoots and leaves."


From Eats, Shoots and Leaves, the book I'm reading now. Or rather reading some random excerpts (first at the back, then in the middle then somewhere between the back and the middle - I might eventually read the beginning!).I seem to never have time to read a book properly.
Quite entertaining. Especially that we never seem to have never been taught English punctuation at the University.

The panda on the shelf came to live with me from Beijing.




And here's the panda I saw at Panda Park in Beijing this March. 11 in the morning is an early hour for pandas, and most of them were still asleep inside.

Keine Kommentare: